Shannon will work with the board and management committees to build the program with the following key objectives:
Key Phoenix Referee Program Goals:
1. Build our referee numbers, quality and levels.
2. Increase evaluation and education via referee training days and courses.
3. Promote and boost our junior referee program – the Phoenix Green Shirts.
4. Integrated referee program with the Phoenix Coaches group.
5. Introduction of a travel allowance as per coordinator approval.
6. Game day refreshments supplied in referees' room at our Rep games.
7. Increase our referee selection for the State Championships for U18s in January 2016, the Sunshine Coast.
8. Focus on making refereeing an enjoyable, rewarding and positive environment.
The Sunshine Coast Basketball Association has committed to working hard in its first year of junior representative basketball to put in place the foundations to build a strong referee program.
The purpose of the new association has always been to bring together the existing basketball associations on the Sunshine Coast. This is to provide economies of scale to achieve higher quality competitions and better education of our officials.
For this reason, we are excited to work with Basketball Queensland and other key people on the Sunshine Coast to put in place the Phoenix Referee Program in 2015-16.
In the inaugural year of SCBA, our goal is to build a program for our referees that will focus on providing a great environment, inclusiveness in the overall basketball program, communication, education, pathways, financial assistance and promotion of the value our referees contribute.
If you are interested in joining the Phoenix Referee Program, please contact one of our delegates:
SCBA Referee Coordinator
0410 387 647
Suncoast Clippers Referee Delegate
0418 264 541
Noosa Cyclones Referee Delegate
0438 689 723
Caloundra Basketball Referee Delegate
0401 597 160